Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Walking Clinic

Tonight I gave an informal walking clinic to some of the members of the North Texas Trail Runners, my ultra-"running" club. Several people in NTTR wanted to increase their walking speed since walking is very important for most ultrarunners, so they asked me to show them my walking technique. I set a date and time and seven people showed up. About 6 others said they couldn't make it but would like to do it again in the future. I don't think I'm much of a teacher but I did my best to show them the technique and share my tips and tricks. Unfortunately it was about 98 degrees! Thank goodness the sun went down and things cooled off to about 95.

Also, I e-mailed Team in Training and offered to volunteer as a mentor for the Dallas Walking Team. I can't attend the informational meeting because of Angela's surgery. I've been meaning to get involved with Team in Training again so I'm very excited. I really enjoyed my Team in Training experience and got so many benefits from TNT, so I would love to help others have a great experience. It's not an exaggeration to say that TNT changed my life by introducing me to racewalking and by giving me a means of fighting back against Angela's Leukemia!

Thanks to everyone for visiting my blog after my hiatus. It's great to hear from so many old "friends."

Train hard and have fun.