Friday, August 27, 2004

I'm a little behind in my posts

I'm a little behind in my posts for the week so let me quickly catch up.

Sunday I was successful in my long walk. I walked 33 miles and felt pretty bad at the end, but no so bad that I couldn't go to lunch with the family and go to the mall and the grocery store. I went a little too fast (my pace was at least one minute faster than my planned ultra race pace) which contributed to my fatigue at the end. I ended up with 73 miles for the week, my highest weekly mileage ever.

Distance: 33.0 miles
Time: 6:45:19
Pace: 12:16

Monday was a rest day.

Tuesday I walked in the neighborhood and at the track. I pushed the pace and felt really good. I was happy I could walk pretty fast considering I had walked 33 miles two days before. I even turned in a 9:44 final mile.

Distance: 10.2 miles
Time: 1:50:50
Pace: 10:51

Wednesday I felt tired and was also running a little late so I only walked 8 miles. I have a little less flexibility in my morning schedule because I drop my daughter off at school.

Distance: 8.23 miles
Time: 1:38:53
Pace: 12:00

Thursday I was just sooooo tired. I've been getting up every day at 4:00 am, but not getting in bed until 9:30 - 10:30, so I decided to get back in bed and rest.

Today I felt better and did my normal neighborhood/track walk. My time was pretty good and I didn't feel like I was pushing hard.

Distance: 10.3 miles
Time: 1:51:45
Pace: 10:50

Tomorrow the plan is to sleep in and rest, then do 22-26 miles on Sunday. I'm thinking about trying a new trail so I can get in more miles on the trails. My first ultra is a trail ultra (although it is supposed to be a pretty easy, smooth and flat course) so I feel like I need some trail miles to help me prepare.

Hope everyone enjoys the weekend and gets in some good training or racing!