Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Only two days left--Last Post before Syllamo

Image hosted by Photobucket.comTomorrow morning I'll be on the road to Arkansas for Three Days of Syllamo. My friends from SunMart are picking me up at a truck stop in Rockwall, Texas, and we're all riding out together. We'll be camping at the race HQ.

The weather has been changing from day-to-day. Yesterday the forecast was for possible rain on Friday and then clear on Saturday/Sunday. Now the weather calls for storms on Friday, clear on Saturday and rain on Sunday. The temperatures are supposed to be lows of high 30s/low 40s, with highs of 50-60. Perfect racing weather. There's nothing we can do about the weather so we'll just have to take it as it comes.

I've got my bags already packed, so tonight I'll just do a final gear check. I've got a few disposable cameras to carry in my pack plus I'm taking the digital camera for pictures on the road and at the camp.

Thanks to everyone for their encouragement and support. Someone suggested I make audio posts from the race. I've set up my blog for audio posts but I'm not sure if I'll do it. If I have cellular reception I will post short reports via Yahoo! mail on my cell phone. I'll be back on Monday with more info. and will post pictures and details as soon as possible.

See ya'!