Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Recovery Status

I'm still here recovering from Syllamo. I'm feeling better but tired. As you'll see when you read my race report, I didn't sleep well during the trip (20 and 30 degree nights camping) and didn't sleep well my first night home, so I'm still getting caught up on my sleep. My aches and pains are mostly gone except for some pretty severe pain in my right knee. It doesn't hurt when I walk on it; it only hurts when I've been sitting and I have to get up, or if I try to cross my legs. I'm going to give it a few more days before I worry.

Also, I've got some pretty bad fever blisters/cold sores! :( This happened to me after my very first half marathon. I guess I pushed myself so hard and got so tired that my body is depleted and the cold sores emerge. They are really uncomfortable, not to mention embarrassing.

I'm working on my race report--I'm still waiting on my photo CD from Walgreens (I hate photo finishing at Walgreens, I don't know why I keep going back there) and once I have my digital photos and some time I'll finish the report and get it posted.

I still haven't caught up on all the RBF posts out there (121 posts to read) so I don't what's going on out there in blogville. Hopefully I'll get caught up soon.

In the meantime, here is my tentative race schedule:

Heroes for Children 5k--April 23, 2005 (they actually have a judged racewalk division with prizes, and the race sponsors children suffering from leukemia)
Prickly Pear 50k--May 7, 2005
Heartland 100 Mile--October 8, 2005
Rockledge Rumble 50k--November 12, 2005
SunMart 50 Mile--December ?, 2005
Bandera 100k--January 7, 2006
Rocky Raccoon 100 Mile--February 4, 2006
Three Days of Syllamo--March ?, 2006
Gobi March--April ?, 2006

Perhaps too ambitious. We'll see....

Also, I've noticed that my blog template doesn't look too good with Internet Explorer (I use Firefox so I hadn't noticed it until recently). I'll try to fix the problems, but I also want to highly recommend Firefox for it's functionality, stability and anti-monopoly qualities. Check it out.