Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Artist's Choice™

Have you guys been to Starbucks and seen the Artist's Choice™ CDs, the CDs where a selected artist picks 15-20 songs that he/she likes? Well I thought it might be interesting to see what the different members of the RBF™ would pick for their Artist's Choice™ compilations. If you are interested, you can either post your selections on your blog or leave them in my comments. Here are my choices:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. Let The Train Blow The Whistle - Johnny Cash
2. Chez Max Coiffeur Pour Hommes - Serge Gainsbourg
3. Christmas Card from a Hooker in Minneapolis - Tom Waits
4. Biggest Lie - Elliott Smith
5. Can't Make a Sound - Elliott Smith
6. Supplique Pour Être Enterré A la Plage de Séte - Georges Brassens
7. Trouble in Mind - Lightnin' Hopkins
8. Take the Skinheads Bowling - Camper Van Beethoven
9. Roll My Blues - Jolie Holland
10. Fruits of My Labor - Lucinda Williams
11. Hell Hound on My Trail - Robert Johnson
12. I Can't Quit You Baby - Led Zeppelin
13. Don't Worry About the Government - Talking Heads
14. Poor Places - Wilco
15. Theologians - Wilco
16. Hell is Chrome - Wilco
17. Anywhere I Lay My Head - Tom Waits
18. Like a Soldier - Johnny Cash
19. Chelsea Hotel No. 2 - Leonard Cohen
20. A Distorted Reality is Now a Necessity to be Free - Elliott Smith
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Anyone else?

On a walking-related note, we've had a cold front come through today so tomorrow's walk will be chilly. The temperature is supposed to be 27 but it will feel like 17 degrees (yesterday's high was 70). Time to get out the hat and gloves.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Check out Artist's Choice lists from VJ & Deene.