Thursday, July 01, 2004

I'm back

I had to go to San Antonio for one day for work so I didn't get to blog yesterday. I stayed at a different hotel on this trip and they didn't have a fitness center! However, they gave me a half-price ticket for a fitness center around the corner, so I paid $7.50 (which I will expense) to walk on their treadmills. It was a pretty nice place, nothing fancy, with lots of equipment. I was glad because I wanted to do a long walk and didn't want to hog the treadmills. I didn't push hard but kept the pace steady.

Distance: 7.90 miles
Time: 1:30:00
Pace: 11:23

4x8 pushups

Today I had a great walk on the jogging trail near my house. I was able to maintain a pretty good pace, especially considering the additional mileage I've been logging lately.

Distance: 7.00 miles
Time: 1:14:18
Pace: 10:36

4x8 pushups
4x10 situps

Tomorrow I'm taking a vacation day from work, and I'm also tapering for my July 4th race, so I can sleep in tomorrow and Saturday and try to catch up on sleep and relax. On the 4th I'd really like to break a 10 minute per mile pace but I'm not sure if that will be possible. I know I can beat my current PR (12:09 mpm) since this was my first race ever last year and my pace is more than a minute slower than typical training paces these days. The only question is how fast I can go. I would at least like to beat my May 1st 5 mile race PR (10:08 mpm).

I'll post on Sunday and let you know how I did. Good training and racing, everyone!