Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Welcome home, my lovely!

I don't know if I mentioned it earlier, but I had to send my Garmin Forerunner 201 back to Garmin about 1 1/2 weeks ago. After a long training walk in the rain the buttons stopped working. The reset button would turn the unit on, but nothing would turn it off and none of the other buttons did anything. I was a little disappointed at first with their technical support; they were pretty slow to respond. Once I did get a response and we determined there was nothing I could do, they asked me for my address so I could get an RMA. Then it took another day for the RMA. Anyway, tonight I received a brand new Garmin! I guess the other one was totaled so they transferred my data to a brand new unit. The nice thing is they sent me the whole package so I have a spare charger and data cable. I can't wait to try it out again. I've hated having to resort back to trails where I knew the distance and estimating distances.

Speaking of training, I've decided to take tomorrow off. My legs are still pretty sore and I've been extremely busy at work. I've gotten home two nights in a row after 9:30, and that's not normal for me. I have a lot of work to do over the next few weeks--the Project from Hell, the worst project I've ever worked on, will end in early August and now is crunch time, so I'm going to relax tonight, sleep in a little tomorrow and then work my butt off all day to try and get caught up.

Thanks to everyone for the comments about my training and my pains. I appreciate the concern.