Friday, July 09, 2004

It's good to be home

We drove back from San Antonio last night. We took a great new route, a rural highway that had beautiful scenery, no traffic and small towns dotting the road. I think it took a little bit longer but we all agreed it seemed much shorter and was definitely more pleasant. My wife and daughter are going to take the same route next week when they go to Corpus Christi to visit her aunt.

I'm working from home today so I was able to sleep a little later than usual and still get in my normal walk. There was nothing unusual to post except that I feel like I'm getting stronger and faster. Not dramatically faster, but yesterday I did 13 miles at 11:01 pace and this morning I did 7 miles at 10:56. These are blazingly fast, but they are pretty good for training, especially considering my increase in mileage. I guess the long mileage training and the mid-week long walks are starting to pay off.

Tomorrow is a rest day and then I plan to do 20+ miles at the lake on Sunday. I'd like to do 24 but I haven't had much luck lately getting over 22 so we'll see what happens.

Happy walking/running!

Distance: 7.00 miles
Time: 1:16:35
Pace: 10:56

4x10 pushups
4x10 situps