Friday, April 16, 2004

Catching up on posts

I've been on the road for a couple of days and unable to post. I'll give you a brief update of my training.

Wednesday I did 6.11 miles at the track, total time was 1:09:08 or 11:18/mile.
Thursday I did 5.36 miles on the hotel treadmill in San Antonio. I would have gone longer but the treadmill automatically stops after 60 minutes and there were other people who I sensed wanted to use the treadmill. I didn't want to be a hog so I got off after the 60 minute cutoff. 5.36 in 60 minutes equals 11:11/mile, so not bad (but not lightnin' fast either).

Today I intended to walk but I was just SO tired. I think I've been pushing too hard, not because I'm training too much but because I'm not sleeping enough. I've got a fever blister and sore throat, classic signs that I'm not sleeping enough. So today when my alarm went off I reset it and went back to sleep. That helped a lot. Tomorrow is my normal rest day so I'll get to sleep in again. Hopefully by my Sunday long walk I'll be feeling good and will have a good long walk (I haven't decided on distance yet, maybe 22 miles).

Good walking/running everyone!