Saturday, April 24, 2004

Yesterday was slow, but slow is OK (once in a while)

I did my usual 6+ miles at the track yesterday morning but I was both physically tired and sleep deprived, so I decided not to worry about speed and just put in the miles. I've had some nice speedwork lately and have seen my times creeping up, so an occasional slow recovery day is no big deal.

It's been raining all night and morning, so tomorrow may be a wet training walk, but I've never minded walking in the rain; I actually like it. I'll probably only do 10-14 miles tomorrow because I have a five mile race on May 1 and I want to taper a little bit so my legs are fresh and ready. I love racing! I can't wait to race again. I'm hoping for a 10:12 pace and a 51 minute finish time.

Distance: 6.22 miles
Time: 1:15:41
Pace: 12:10