Sunday, April 18, 2004

Good Sunday Long Walk

It was a great day for a long walk. The temperature was in the 60s but it was breezy and overcast so it never felt hot. I walked 21 miles at White Rock Lake in 3:55:49, for a pace of 11:14! That's pretty fast for me for that mileage, so I was pleased. Actually, that's the fastest long walk I've done in months. The last time I walked that fast was late January, and that was only a ten mile walk. I would really like to get my marathon pace below 11:00, so this was definitely a step in the right direction.

I was really slow at the beginning (more about that in another post) but once I kicked it in I did quite a few miles below 11:00 and one half mile at 9:23! I got tired (as usual) but felt better than I have ever felt on a long walk, so I guess the long training walks are starting to pay off.

Distance: 21 miles
Time: 3:55:49
Pace: 11:14