Friday, April 02, 2004

Ultrawalker blog -- Now with Comments!

Now the one person who reads this blog (besides me) can leave insightful comments about my insightful postings!

Did another six mile walk today on the track near my house. I'm feeling pretty good, still get a little tired after the marathon, but I know this is normal. I got in some good times today--the whole walk was below marathon pace, and some of my track miles were close to half marathon pace.

I've been working on my race schedule and am excited about some upcoming races. I wish I could find longer races but that is hard to do in Texas in summer. Instead, I'll settle for some 15k, 20k, 25k and half marathons in the summer and early fall leading up to 1-2 marathons in the late fall/early winter. I'm also going to do the Flagpole 8k on July 4th. This will be special because it was my first race ever last year, so it will be a reunion of sorts. Last year my pace was 12:09; this year I think I might be able to break a 10:00 minute pace! A pretty big improvement!

Distance: 6.16 miles
Time: 1:09:27
Pace: 11:16