Tuesday, April 13, 2004

Interval Training

Today I did Interval Training at the track. I haven't done speedwork in a long time; I'm excited about working on speed over the summer.

I'm not sure how long the track is; it's just a middle school track near my house. My intervals (two laps) were all a little over 0.5 miles. Here are my splits (pace, not actual split times):
9:53
10:13
10:11
9:46
10:12
10:23

Altogether I put in 5.76 miles and my overall pace was 11:42/mile.

What's interesting is that all of these intervals were slower than my fastest mile ever, a 9:39 first mile in a recent 5k. But I'm not feeling great this week (very tired) and I did 22 miles on Saturday, so I think that's why I'm a little slow. I'm hoping that once I get back to normal, and once I'm doing speedwork more consistenly, my speed will increase.