Thursday, April 08, 2004

Took a little break

I took an unintentional three day break. Monday and Tuesday I was just beat, I think from the time change, from the marathon and then 20 mile walk the following week, and from not getting enough sleep. Both days I set my alarm to get up and train but when the alarm went off I got back in bed and went back to sleep.

On Wednesday I had every intention of training, but I had to fly to San Antonio for work so I was going to get up at 4:00 am. Unfortunately I overslept and had to rush to make my flight, so I missed that training day as well.

Today I finally got back out there and had a great walk. I walked a little over 8 miles and my pace was below 11:00. I need to work on speed over the next few months (and my race schedule should help that) so I can bring down my half marathon and marathon times.

Distance: 8.19 miles
Time: 1:29:42
Pace: 10:57