Sunday, April 25, 2004

Rain for 2 hours, 44 minutes and 24 seconds

It was a soggy, sloggy long training walk today. It rained the entire time, heavily for the first hour and a half and then lightly after that. There were numerous puddles and muddy patches on the trail that were unavoidable, so I was soaked to the bone and my shoes and socks were wet the whole run. However, that didn't bother me too much. The rain is nice to train in because things are cool and the trails are empty.

My bigger frustration was that I couldn't keep my pace up. I ended up with a pace of 10:57 per mile, not too bad, but I was hoping for faster. I guess my legs are still a little tired from my recent hard training (long walks and speedwork). I only broke 10:30 twice (toward the end) and had many miles over 11:00. But all in all I guess it was a good walk considering the weather. Also, I only slept about 3 hours last night. My wife had some insomnia and I ended up staying up with her and watching movies all night (I highly recommend Kill Bill Volume 1).

Distance: 15 miles
Time: 2:44:24
Pace: 10:57