Sunday, April 11, 2004

Saturday Long Training Walk

I did my long training on Saturday instead of Sunday this week due to Easter. I was beat at the end but it went well: 22 miles around White Rock Lake. My clocked pace was 11:44, but I know I was faster because I took a brief break at the halfway point to change out my wristband/headband (I sweat a lot and they were soaked). I also started pausing during the second half to drink water at the fountains (I had my CamelBak with gatorade, but I felt like a little water to supplement). I've had a lot of luck with the Hammer Gel and e-Caps. I definitely get tired, but I don't seem to crash the way I used to when I went over 18 miles. Of course, it could also be that my body is adapting to the long mileage (I hope!).

I took today off since we had a lot to do this morning. Tomorrow I'll probably hit the track for 6-10 miles, depending on how I feel. It's raining right now so it looks like it might be soggy training. I don't mind; the rain never really bothers me. It's kind of a nice change.

Distance: 22 miles
Time: 4:18:19
Pace: 11:44