Sunday, June 06, 2004

Great new headband

If you sweat heavily (like I do) and hate getting sweat in your eyes, check out the new Tunnel Vision headband. It is very small and made of plastic and has channel to capture the sweat and deliver to the side of your head rather than letting it drip down your face. Unlike regular sweatbands it doesn't absorb the sweat and eventually become waterlogged. I've been using it for about a week (I used it in the 20k and I used it today on my 16 mile long walk) and I think it works very well. I sweat a lot so I still get some sweat in my eyes but it has significantly reduced the problem. It's a little pricey (mine was $15 at a local running shop) but it should last indefinitely since it won't wear out like standard sweatbands. Also, it can be washed in the sink and dries quickly so you won't need more than one. I think it is worth checking it out if you have this problem.