Friday, June 04, 2004

No walk today

Well, I got back from San Antonio last night just in time to visit with my family for a little while, tuck the little one into bed and then fall off to sleep. My wife just bought us a new mattress that arrived yesterday--it is soooooo comfortable. It's super soft with a very thick pillow top and feels very good. It's at least 4-6 inches taller than our old mattress, so our four year old has trouble climbing into the bed.

I woke up at 5:00 this morning but just felt achy and tired so I decided to grab another hour of sleep before starting work. I'm working from home today which is nice and saves me from the 30 minute commute and all of the interruptions in the office. It is a very stressful and very unpleasant time right now--the project I'm working on (which I hate!) is moving into a critical stage. The next month and a half will be hell, but I'm starting a job search with the goal of taking a new position as soon as this project ends in early August. I've already talked to a couple of companies so the process is going well so far. I'll keep you posted.

So no walk today, tomorrow is my standard day off, and Sunday I'm going to do a long walk and start building myself back up to the 20-22 mile range for my long walks. As I've mentioned in previous posts I want to bring my marathon time down dramatically so I feel that I really need to spend a lot of time (over a long period of time) walking the longer distances. My very long range goals are ultra distance events (50k, 50 miles, maybe even 100 miles some day down the road) so I need to gradually increase my mileage and acclimate my body.

I hope everyone has good running/walking this weekend.