Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Today's Walk

I walked 7.5 miles today. I couldn't go to the track because we had a lot of rain last night and the track was soggy and puddle-filled, so I walked around the neighborhood for a while and then walked on a jogging/walking trail near the house. Nothing special about today's walk, just put in the miles and enjoyed being outside and working my muscles.

While meandering around the neighborhood I used my Garmin Forerunner to calculate the distance from our house to my daughter's school. My wife is trying to find a way to get exercise but has limitations due to her health problems, so she was thinking of walking to school to meet Lela and then walk home together. The distance is .789 miles, so we'll have to see how long it will take her to walk that round trip.

Distance: 7.50 miles
Time: 1:23:48
Pace: 11:10