Thursday, June 10, 2004

Rainy morning walk

It's been raining for days here but this is the first morning I actually walked in it (the other mornings I somehow walked in the few moments when the rain had stopped). I don't mind walking in the rain since it usually cools me off so I was happy to get up and get going. I did another 7+ miles on my neighborhood jogging/walking trail. I've been able to pick up the pace every day this week; today's pace was 10:52.

I've also been adding some strength training to my morning ritual. I don't have time or money to join a gym so I've just been doing some exercises at home. Right now I'm hopelessly weak but I suppose that, just like walking, I will improve over time. Today I did 2 repetitions of 8 pushups and 2 repetitions of 10 situps.

Distance: 7.25 miles
Time: 1:18:47
Pace: 10:52